(written from a Production point of view)
Christopher L. Bennett is a Star Trek author residing in Cincinnati, Ohio. A fan since the age of five, Bennett had already published two short stories in Analog Science Fiction and Fact when his posts at TrekBBS.com's Trek Literature forum caught the attention of Pocket Books' editors.
After contributing to the Star Trek: Starfleet Corps of Engineers series of eBooks in 2003, Bennett went on to write short stories in several anthologies, as well as contributing novels in the TOS and Star Trek: Titan series, and detailing the life of Jean-Luc Picard in the nine years preceding TNG. His first novel, a Star Trek: The Motion Picture spin-off titled Ex Machina, was named by Star Trek screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman as among their favorite Star Trek novels. 
Bennett's writing style focuses on reconciling contradictions in Star Trek canon; his Department of Temporal Investigations series drew on real scientific theories to tie together the disparate depictions of time travel in the series. Other hallmarks of his writing include subverting typical gender roles with strong, brash female characters and sensitive, thoughtful males, and noting historical parallels to complement Star Trek's political allegories. (Christopher L. Bennett: "Tower of Babel" Interview)
Bennett's non-Star Trek work includes an original science fiction novel, Only Superhuman, and tie-in novels set in the Marvel Comics universe.
- The Darkness Drops Again (part of the Mere Anarchy series)
- The Buried Age
- "Friends with the Sparrows" (TNG short story, The Sky's the Limit)
- Bennett's novel set after Star Trek, Seek a Newer World, was originally scheduled for release in June 2010 but is currently "on hold" following executive decisions at Pocket. 
- Live by the Code
- Time Lock (Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations novella)
- The Face of the Unknown
- Shield of the Gods (Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations novella)
- The Captain's Oath (TOS novel)