通常号はスタートレック：ディスカバリーに登場する宇宙船の、全長150ミリ～240ミリの塗装済み フィギュアと、その宇宙船のデザインの成り立ちが解説されたマガジンのセットである。Cast in ABS and die-cast metal, a number of starship designs have been reproduced here (as miniatures) for the first time by any manufacturer.
Available separately, larger Special Edition starship models, metallic resin dedication plaques, dedicated magazine binders, and a figurine have been produced. Gift premiums have also been released to subscribers.
Ben Robinson, the project's senior manager, and his team, under the supervision of John Ainsworth, utilize the original CGI studio models provided by Pixomondo for reference, once they have been approved by CBS Studios and Secret Hideout, the show's primary production companies, and the VFX team.    
Robinson and Ainsworth have their longtime Official Starships Collection associate Fabio Passaro convert these models into LightWave 3D, Eaglemoss' software package of choice, as the production-used models are created in Autodesk Maya and must be re-texturized, rescaled, and modified for 3D printing. Passaro then converts these 3D models into CAD files.   
At the Holinail Group, Eaglemoss' manufacturing partner in China,  these files are converted into the CAD format used by the factory and tooling masters are created. Two-dimensional renders of the ships are frequently used for the publication's illustrations by its editors in the UK, and each sixteen-page magazine (measuring 168 × 217 mm) fits within the printed cardboard boxes that the models are presented in.
The magazines are co-authored and co-edited by Ben Robinson, Marcus Riley, and Matt McAllister. Production stills, concept art, and newly-created orthographic views are utilized extensively, and new interviews with DIS starship designers including William Budge, Goran Delic, Ryan Dening, JD Dickenson, John Eaves, Sam Michlap, Thomas Pringle, and Scott Schneider were conducted.
Some of the magazine content was published by Eaglemoss under the Hero Collector imprint, and was distributed by Penguin Random House in two hardcover mass-market reference books from the Star Trek: Shipyards series, within the Starfleet Ships 2151-2293 and The Klingon Fleet volumes. 
Also incorporating some of this material, the Star Trek: Discovery Designing Starships volume of the Designing Starships book series features every starship from Discovery's first season and was published in テンプレート:M. 
In July 2020, the company announced that this product line (and subscriptions) would be suspended after the release of (numbered) issue 33, due to production delays with the third season of the show and the resulting lack of new CG assets.
In October 2020, Eaglemoss further reported that it planned to release more starship models from DIS in a future starships line, combined with ships from スタートレック：ピカード and I AM ERROR. Being subsequently named the Star Trek Universe: The Official Starships Collection, the new starships collection premiered in テンプレート:M. テンプレート:Youtube This move effectively terminated the Discovery starships collection line.
Regarding the retrofitted 32nd century USS Discovery, Ben Robinson added, "The hope is to get this out in 2021. We've got 9 or 10 Picard ships followed by the Disco season 3 fleet. We're doing what we can to accelerate an XL version of the Disco-A".  
|1||USS Shenzhou NCC-1227
|2||USS Discovery NCC-1031 
|3||USS Kerala NCC-1255
|5||USS Europa NCC-1648
|7||USS Buran NCC-1422
|8||Klingon Qugh Class
|9||USS Clarke NCC-1661
|10||Klingon Qoj Class 
|11||USS Shran NCC-1413
|12||USS Enterprise NCC-1701 
|14||Klingon Cleave Ship
|15||USS Edison NCC-1683
|180 mm||1:2157 |
|17||USS T'Plana-Hath NCC-1004
|18||Klingon Raider 
|218 mm l
158 mm h
|19||Class C Shuttlecraft (DSC 01)
|20||USS Hiawatha NCC-815 
|199 mm||1:3013 |
|21||Beacon of Kahless
|200 mm||1:600 |
|185 mm ||1:24|
|24||Klingon DaSpu' Class
|25||Section 31 Drone
|26||Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser
|27||Starfleet Tug (USS Zimmerman) 
|28||Section 31 Nimrod-Class
|30||Section 31 Shiva-Class
|32||Section 31 Hou-Yi-Class
|33||Klingon Chargh Class
The USS Glenn, the line's first convention-exclusive registry variant model, was produced in a limited edition of 500 units (worldwide) and was available for purchase at the 2018 Official Star Trek Convention, New York Comic Con, and the Destination Star Trek Birmingham convention. Later in the year, a small number were also briefly made available to the public by Eaglemoss' UK and US webshops. Each ship was retailed with the USS Discovery's magazine and stand.
|USS Glenn NCC-1030 Limited Edition Variant
Initially available exclusively as a gift premium for subscribers, the ISS Shenzhou, a registry variant of the USS Shenzhou model, later became available as a retail product from Eaglemoss' webshops. A magazine was not included with the model.
|[[ISSシェンジョウ|ISS Shenzhou NCC-1227}}
Considerably larger than the standard releases, Special Editions are also available to the general public from company webshops and other retailers, and are not automatically sent to subscribers.
Before it was released as a 215 mm-long model with issue 12 of this partwork (see above), a 259 mm-long "XL Edition" model of the USS Enterprise (as it was seen in DIS) debuted in the first starship collection. Larger XL Edition models of the USS Discovery and the USS Shenzhou were also released in that collection, and a refitted XL USS Discovery-A is planned.
|(SP1)||Sarcophagus Ship Special Issue
|(SP2)||ISS Charon Special Issue 
|(SP3)||Section 31 Station Special Issue
|190 mm w
300 mm h
|(SP4)||Starbase 1 Special Issue
|173 mm ø
300 mm h
"Mini-binders" (measuring 167 × 244 × 45 mm) store ten of the magazines and are available to US subscribers. They have not been retailed to the general public through the company's webshops, though the company had stated that it had planned to do so at the start of the collection.
One binder however, was provided as a free bonus gift with the third shipment to early subscribers, following the below-mentioned unexpected delays with the initial release of the first few starships and gift premiums. An accompanying letter made it clear that it was specifically meant as a compensation, and that the binder was not originally part of the gift line-up.
Additional binders were also automatically sent to some European subscribers in 2020, close to the conclusion of the Collection. 
Scaled replicas of starship dedication plaque are cast from metallic resin and were previously distributed as gift premiums for US subscribers.
|(1)||USS Shenzhou NCC-1227 Dedication Plaque||222 mm|
|(2)||USS Discovery NCC-1031 Dedication Plaque||222 mm|
Originally released as a gift premium for US subscribers in February 2019, the company also distributes this scaled figure through its international webshops and other retailers.
|(1)||Tardigrade||120 mm l|
90 mm h
Gift premiums are provided to US subscribers at specific subscription milestones, and the models do not include companion magazines. As seen above, a number of these products are also available to the general public from Eaglemoss/Hero Collector webshops and other retailers. The enamel pins were previously released by FanSets.
- Determined to bring the collection to market while Discovery's first season was being streamed for the first time (and managing to do so with issue 1), the company faced challenges due to "(...)delays in receiving assets from the licensor and the subsequent impact on production schedules," according to a letter that early subscribers received with the second issue, informing them of a temporary suspension. Robinson tweeted on 19 February 2018, "Shenzhous are almost all shipped. It’s been a huge push to get them out this quickly. Discos will follow. Then a little break. We just couldn’t get them made any faster." 
- Translations of some Klingon language starship names appeared on a poster that was sent to subscribers: bortaS bir (Cold Revenge), Chargh (Conquer), 'etlh (Blade), Jach (Scream), Qaw' (Destroy), Qoj (War), Qugh (Disaster), Sech (Torch), and Veqlargh (Demon).
- A render of the USSGagarin appeared on the poster but was replaced in the collection by the USS Kerala, another Shepard級 ship. Robinson and Eaves had not been able to confirm whether further intended modifications to the original studio model had been made, prior to its on-screen appearance as the Gagarin. 
- In テンプレート:M, the project manager announced that the USSBuran, another Cardenas級 vessel, had replaced the USSYeager in the lineup.
- On After Trek, the DIS companion series, prototype models of the collection's USS Discovery and USS Shenzhou were displayed as set decorations behind host Matt Mira, among other Star Trek memorabilia. 
- In 2018, Eaglemoss first partnered with Simon & Schuster for a US contest to cross-promote the Collection and the first three Discovery novels. テンプレート:Bl
Appearing in promotional materials, six more Klingon starship designs were identified as upcoming models but were not, in the end, released as issues of this partwork.
Regarding the prospective release of these ships in the Star Trek Universe: The Official Starships Collection partwork, Ben Robinson revealed, "The plan is definitely to do more. To be honest, these Klingon ships don’t sell brilliantly so we’ll work our way through the Picard, Disco and SNW ships first. Starfleet and lead ships sell better so are always the priority but with any luck we’ll circle back round." 
- The models are painted freehand and with the use of paint masks (templates), alongside pad and tampo printing processes. The earliest prototypes are 3D printed in resin and, once approved by Eaglemoss and CBS, are manufactured using a variety of injection, vacuum, and compression molding techniques. 
- Pixomondo-created CG models that Fabio Passaro's Meshweaver Productions has converted and re-texturized for the Collection, as identified online, include issue 1-19, issue SP1, and the Tardigrade figurine.    Featured on his website in the Summer/Autumn of 2019, テンプレート:Bl in late 2019 Passaro opted (for unknown reasons) to delete all renders of his Discovery work (from his website's "Eaglemoss: Trek Little Ships" pages 5, 6, and 7) and replace them with his later work for the Official Starships Collection.
- The XL Edition USS Discovery-A is listed within the Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection article.
- A larger "XL Edition" model of the USS Discovery was also released in the first starship collection in 2020.
- The sticker on the base of the Qoj class model's stand has "Klingon Veqlargh Class" printed on it.
- A larger (259 mm-long) version of the DIS USS Enterprise model was released in the first starship partwork in late 2018 with a different magazine.
- The dimensions of the "real" Festoon are not given in the magazine so the model's scale is based on an length of 388.26 meters, as provided by (the ship's designer) Ryan Dening to Wixiban's Star Trek Collectables Portal in October 2019. 
- Both of the Klingon Raider's "wings" are stored separately within the box that the model is shipped in, and fit into slots on the model's fuselage for display. When placed on its stand, the assembled model is 180 mm tall. As of August 2019, it is the first ship model from either Starships Collection to have a small hole made in it to accommodate its stand.
- The length of the "real" Klingon Raider is not stated in the magazine so scale was based on an estimate of 11 meters.
- In a social media post, Ben Robinson attested that the hull of the show's USS Hiawatha did not have a registry rendered onto it by its creators.  Nevertheless, registry markings were actually seen on-screen (albeit in mirrored form) alongside a Starfleet Medical logo, in a reversed image of the ship. While registry markings were added, the logo was not painted onto the model.
- The length of the "real" USS Hiawatha is not printed in the magazine, but was established as 599.5 meters, as provided by the ship's designer, Ryan Dening to Wixiban's Star Trek Collectables Portal in October 2019. 
- The length of the "real" Beacon of Kahless' length is not stated in the magazine and was estimated at 120 meters.
- The dimensions of the Landing Pod reflect the ship as displayed with its struts extended, and stands 145 mm tall. The ship measures 145 mm long × 90 mm high without the struts attached.
- The Federation tugs seen onscreen in DIS did not have registries or names rendered onto their hulls. Alex Kurtzman assigned the "USS Zimmerman" name and NCC-1616 registry for the Eaglemoss model, following a request by CBS' John Van Citters and Ben Robinson.  Unlike the magazine's title, the model's box is labeled USS Zimmerman NCC-1616.
- Eight units of the limited edition USS Glenn model were damaged at the warehouse and were deemed unfit for release to the last eight customers who had ordered them from the UK's online shop. Besides providing a full refund, an I.O.U. for a free future convention-exclusive starship, and a handwritten apology, the company sent (at least) one unpainted production prototype of an earlier starship model to each of the affected customers.
- The ISS Charon model features internal electronic lighting that replicates the ship's super-mycelial reactor, and is powered by a CR927 coin cell battery that is not included with the issue.
- After the October 2020 announcement of this line's conclusion and its transition into the Star Trek Universe collection, some European subscribers started to receive binders from issue 30 onwards. The automatic shipping of the binders to these subscribers was viewed as somewhat questionable as (unlike the standard gifts), they were not free and costs were automatically deducted from subscriber accounts that had given Eaglemoss permission to do so during sign-up. Nonetheless, some subscribers received binders despite not having ordered them, though it is likely that few would have objected as the binders were never offered for sale in the webshops, despite the company's stated intent in 2018-19.
- Eaglemoss.com – official international webshop
- HeroCollector.com – official collector portal
- Coleção Star Trek – official Brazil webshop
- Star Trek Starships at Facebook
- テンプレート:YouTube – official YouTube channel with model turnaround videos
- Ben Robinson (project manager) at Twitter
- Meshweaver.com – CG artist Fabio Passaro's portfolio galleries including work for Eaglemoss
- HeroCollector Star Trek & Sci Fi Collections Fan Group at Facebook – unofficial fan forum
- Wixiban.com – comprehensive series guide and the primary provider of cover scans and scaling information for this article
- テンプレート:YouTube – Star Trek Official Starship Collection videos playlist
- テンプレート:YouTube – Star Trek: Discovery Starships video playlist
- Some Kind of Star Trek – Star Trek: Discovery - The Official Starships Collection articles
- Trek Collective Lists – Star Trek: Discovery - The Official Starships Collection index
- TrekCore.com – The Official Starships Collection articles and reviews