The 18th century AD is defined by the calendar of Earth as occurring from the year 1701 through the year 1800.
- The people of Beta Portolan are overcome by a mass insanity, brought by the arrival of the Denevan neural parasites. (TOS: "Operation -- Annihilate!")
- Hundreds of criminals from the planet Ux-Mal are imprisoned on a moon of Mab-Bu VI, after their consciousnesses are permanently separated from their bodies. (TNG: "Power Play")
- Napoleon rises to power in France, ushering in the Napoleonic era. This era continues into the early 19th century. (TOS: "The Squire of Gothos"; TNG: "Hide and Q")
- circa 1767
- The planets Eminiar VII and Vendikar begin a bitter war. The conflict is fought entirely in a computer simulation, and casualties are calculated based on projected results. (TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
- The United States of America declares independence from Great Britain during the American Revolution. Under the military leadership of General George Washington and with the support of the French King, the rebellion was successful. (TOS: "The City on the Edge of Forever"; TNG: "The High Ground")
- The Presidio, a future site of Starfleet Command and Starfleet Academy, is founded by Spain. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- The neutron star in a binary star system located in the Kavis Alpha sector explodes. (TNG: "Evolution")
- Constitution: The Constitution of the United States is adopted, and thereafter George Washington is elected President. (TOS: "Court Martial", "The Omega Glory")
- French military uniforms worn by the creations of Q on an unnamed planet are from this year. According to Data, the uniforms would be discontinued or changed in 1800. (TNG: "Hide and Q")
|17th century||Timeline||19th century|
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.