Real World article
(written from a Production point of view)
(written from a Production point of view)
- 14 January –
- 18 January –
- 23 January –
- 29 January – A Burning House by Keith R.A. DeCandido, first book in the Star Trek: Klingon Empire series (an expansion of the IKS Gorkon series), is released.
- 30 January – Herb Kenwith dies.
- 4 February – Maggie Ostroff dies.
- 5 February – Pocket "reference" book Captain Kirk's Guide to Women by John "Bones" Rodriguez is released.
- 6 February – John Alvin dies.
- 9 February – Robert DoQui dies.
- 10 February – Steve Gerber dies.
- 13 February –
- 14 February – Perry Lopez dies.
- 26 February – Pocket releases the mass-market paperback reprint of Vulcan's Soul Book 3: Epiphany by Josepha Sherman & Susan Shwartz.
- 27 February – "Alien Spotlight: Romulans" is released by IDW.
- 29 February – Janet Kagan and Gayne Rescher die.
- 1 March – Beyond the Clouds: The Lifetime Trek of Walter "Matt" Jefferies, Artist and Visionary, is released.
- 4 March – Leonard Rosenman dies.
- 5 March – Year Four, trade paperback collection of the IDW series, is released.
- 6 March – Pocket eBook miniseries Slings and Arrows book 5, A Weary Life by Robert Greenberger, is released.
- 11 March – Pocket eBook miniseries Slings and Arrows book 6, Enterprises of Great Pitch and Moment by Keith R.A. DeCandido, is released.
- 19 March – Michael Van Dyke dies.
- 25 March – The first book in the Star Trek: Terok Nor mini-series, Day of the Vipers by James Swallow is released.
- 27 March – Principal photography on Star Trek wraps and post-production officially begins.
- 8 April – Stanley Kamel dies.
- 17 April – Second unit photography and VFX plate shooting on Star Trek is wrapped.
- 19 April – The Star Trek - Convention Special is given away at the New York Comic Con. A Singular Destiny, Over a Torrent Sea and Full Circle are announced at the event.
- 29 April – Night of the Wolves, the second book in the Star Trek: Terok Nor mini-series, by S.D. Perry and Britta Dennison, is released.
- 14 May – Alien Spotlight - Volume 1, trade paperback collection of the IDW series.
- 15 May – Alexander Courage dies.
- 18 May – Joseph Pevney dies.
- 20 May – Dawn of the Eagles, the final part of the Star Trek: Terok Nor mini-series by S.D. Perry and Britta Dennison, is released.
- 28 May – Robert Justman dies.
- 2 June – Bill Dial dies.
- 17 June – These Haunted Seas, a Pocket DS9 omnibus collecting Twilight and This Gray Spirit, is released.
- 19 June – Michael Rougas dies.
- 24 June – Pocket DS9 relaunch novel Fearful Symmetry by Olivia Woods is released.
- 26 June – Lilyan Chauvin dies.
- 1 July – The 2009 Ships of the Line calendar and The Star Trek 2009 Calendar are released.
- 15 July – Uchu, the third Star Trek manga from Tokyopop, is released.
- 17 July – Paul Sorensen dies.
- 22 July – Infinity's Prism, volume one of the Star Trek: Myriad Universes series, with short novels by Christopher L. Bennett, William Leisner, and James Swallow, is released.
- 25 July – Randy Pausch dies.
- 28 July – Slimline editions of Enterprise DVDs released in Region 2.
- 29 July – Pocket TNG novel Greater than the Sum, by Christopher L. Bennett, released.
- 5 August – TOS-R Season 2 DVD released in Region 1.
- 6 August – Jud Taylor dies.
- 12 August – Echoes and Refractions, volume two of the Myriad Universes series, with short novels by Keith R.A. DeCandido, Chris Roberson, and Geoff Trowbridge, is released.
- 26 August – Pocket ENT novel Kobayashi Maru by Andy Mangels and Michael A. Martin is released.
- 1 September – Star Trek: The Complete Comic Book Collection DVD-ROM from Graphic Imaging Technologies is released.
- 6 September – Mel Harris dies.
- 16 September – Star Trek: Fan Collective - Alternate Realities Region 1 release.
- 17 September – Jerry Sherman dies.
- 23 September – Pocket reference work Star Trek 101 by Paula M. Block and Terry J. Erdmann released.
- 24 September – Oliver Crawford dies.
- 25 September – Star Trek Archives volume 1, Best of Peter David released.
- 30 September – Gods of Night, part one of the Star Trek: Destiny crossover series by David Mack released.
- 13 October – Paul Schneider dies
- 21 October – Corps of Engineers trade paperback collection Wounds is released.
- 24 October – Reference work Star Trek - The Collectibles by Steve Kelley is released.
- 28 October – Mere Mortals (the second part of the Star Trek: Destiny trilogy), paperback reprint of Academy: Collision Course is released.
- 29 October –
- 31 October – Yvette Blais (Ray Ellis) dies.
- 14 November – Star Trek theatrical trailer debuts in US theaters.
- 18 November – TOS-R Season 3 DVD is released in Region 1.
- 25 November – Lost Souls (the final part of the Destiny trilogy), the trade paperback collection of the IDW series Star Trek: Year Four - The Enterprise Experiment, Best of the Borg, Key Collection volume 6.
- 18 December – Majel Barrett dies.
- 20 December – Larry Corbett dies.
- 23 December – Post-production on Star Trek is completed; the film is officially complete and locked.
- 29 December – Trade paperback collections of the IDW series Star Trek: Assignment: Earth and Star Trek: Mirror Images are released.
- 30 December – Sacrifices of War, the third book in the Errand of Fury trilogy by Kevin Ryan is released.
- Ron Veto dies.
Media gallery Edit
|2007|| Production timeline|
Births • Deaths