Real World article
(written from a Production point of view)
(written from a Production point of view)
- 6 January – Star Trek: Mirror Universe short story anthology, Shards and Shadows is released.
- 14 January – Ricardo Montalban dies.
- 15 January – Barbara Minster dies.
- 25 January – Kim Manners dies.
- 27 January – Pocket Books novel A Singular Destiny by Keith R.A. DeCandido is released.
- 29 January – IDW Publishing's Star Trek Archives volume 3, Best of Gary Seven is released.
- 4 February – IDW Publishing's trade paperback collection Star Trek: Mirror Images is released.
- 24 February – Star Trek: Titan novel Over a Torrent Sea, by Christopher L. Bennett, is released.
- 2 March – Rhae Andrece dies.
- 10 March – Jim Burk dies.
- 17 March – Pocket Books trade paperback collection Mere Anarchy is released.
- 21 March – John Franklyn-Robbins dies.
- 25 March – Alexander Lepak dies.
- 29 March –
- 31 March – Pocket VOY novel Full Circle, by Kirsten Beyer, is released.
- 6 April – The first public showing of Star Trek takes place in Austin, Texas.
- 7 April –
- The gala premiere of Star Trek takes place in Sydney, Australia.
- IDW releases the trade paperback collection of Star Trek: Countdown.
- 14 April – Boukenshin, the first Star Trek: The Next Generation manga from Tokyopop is released.
- 18 April –
- 20 April – Corky Randall dies.
- 27 April – Season 1 of The Original Series is released on Blu-ray Disc in Region 2. Also released are: slimline editions of the remastered seasons 1-3, Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray) and Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (DVD).
- 28 April –
- 29 April – Marl Young dies.
- 30 April – C.J. Bau dies.
- 1 May – Ric Estrada dies.
- 2 May – Remastered version of TOS: "The Cage" airs.
- 5 May – Star Trek soundtrack is released.
- 7 May – Advanced screenings of Star Trek begin at 7 pm nationwide.
- 8 May – Star Trek is released.
- 11 May –
- Region B releases of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Region 2 releases of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- 12 May –
- 14 May – George C. Villaseñor dies.
- 18 May – Wayne Allwine dies.
- 23 May – Edward J. Lakso dies.
- 26 May – Pocket TOS novel Troublesome Minds, by Dave Galanter is released.
- 27 May – IDW's Star Trek Omnibus volume 1 is released.
- 28 May –
- 4 June – Ward Costello dies.
- 10 June – Dave Simons dies.
- 11 June – David Richards and Bruce Watson die.
- 30 June –
- 1 July –
- 3 July – Frank Salsedo dies.
- 17 July – Genki Wear fragrances Tiberius, Red Shirt, Pon Farr, and the Comic-Con exclusive Khaaann! are released.
- 28 July – Pocket DS9 novel The Soul Key, by Olivia Woods, is released.
- 12 August – IDW Star Trek Archives volume 5, Best of Captain Kirk is released.
- 14 August – Gender and Sexuality in Star Trek, by David Greven, is released.
- 16 August – Ed Reimers dies.
- 17 August – Warren Hamilton, Jr. dies.
- 19 August – June Gilham dies.
- 25 August – Pocket DS9 novel The Never-Ending Sacrifice, by Una McCormack, is released.
- 2 September – IDW's Star Trek Archives volume 6, Best of Alternate Universes is released.
- 10 September – Susan Carol Schwary dies.
- 13 September – Dallas Mitchell dies.
- 14 September – Henry Gibson dies.
- 17 September –
- 20 September – Bill Shepard dies.
- 21 September – Reference book Star Trek: A Comics History, by Alan J. Porter, is released.
- 22 September –
- Region A Blu-ray releases of TOS Season 2; Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection; The Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, and First Contact.
- Region 1 DVD releases of Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection; Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek: First Contact.
- 29 September – Pocket VOY novel Unworthy, by Kirsten Beyer, is released.
- 1 October – Sebastian Tom dies.
- 13 October – Reference book Memories of the Future, Volume 1 by Wil Wheaton is released.
- 14 October – IDW releases a hardback collection of Star Trek: Countdown, and the trade paperback collection of Crew.
- 20 October – Pocket ENT The Romulan War trade paperback, Beneath the Raptor's Wing, by Michael A. Martin is released.
- 21 October – IDW Publishing releases the trade paperback collection of Mission's End.
- 22 October – Don Ivan Punchatz dies.
- 27 October – Star Trek: Titan novel Synthesis, by James Swallow, is released.
- 1 November – Star Trek - Music from the Motion Picture is released.
- 15 November – Richard Carlyle dies.
- 16 November – Basic DVD, Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc versions of Star Trek released in Region 2, along with Star Trek: Legends of the Final Frontier Collection (DVD) and Star Trek: Legends of the Final Frontier Collection (Blu-ray).
- 17 November –
- Star Trek DVD and Blu-ray released in Region 1, along with The Best of Star Trek: The Original Series, Volume 2 and The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Volume 2
- Titan Books releases Star Trek - The Art of the Film.
- 21 November – Jeff Mart dies.
- 24 November – Star Trek: Vanguard novel Precipice, by David Mack, is released.
- 15 December – Region A release of TOS Season 3 Blu-ray.
- 29 December – Star Trek: Mirror Universe novel The Sorrows of Empire, by David Mack, is released.
- 30 December – Joseph M. Wilcots dies.
Media gallery Edit
|2008|| Production timeline|
Births • Deaths
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.