- First contact occurs between Vulcans and Andorians. According to the Vulcans, it "seemed promising," "despite their heightened emotions." However, it was soon discovered that "they were duplicitous," wishing to only honor "agreements that didn't conflict with their interests." (ENT: "Proving Ground")
- The Denobulans perfect genetic engineering. (ENT: "Borderland")
- The Nazis take over most of of Europe but are defeated by the Allied forces of the United States of America, the British Empire, the USSR, and other nations. (ENT: "Storm Front")
- In human games, the penalty box is introduced. (TNG: "Hide and Q")
- According to Q, in this century, nations on Earth are fighting each other for territorial gains. (TNG: "Encounter at Farpoint")
- The planet Earth experiences the first two of its three World Wars: World War I and World War II. The later half of the 20th century was dominated by a cold war as well as several small conflicts in Asia called the Brush Wars. The Eugenics Wars were fought at the closing of the 20th century. (TOS: "The City on the Edge of Forever", "A Private Little War", "Space Seed")
- Music styles that originated in this century include Jazz, Crooning, and Rock and Roll. Composers and musicians include John Philip Sousa, Irving Berlin, and Gustav Mahler
- While film recordings were pioneered in the 19th century, the 20th century saw the first major movie productions including: The Andromeda Strain, The Black Cat, Frankenstein, The Day the Earth Stood Still and later the first televised broadcast including series like: I Love Lucy, Mission: Impossible, The Three Stooges, and The Twilight Zone.
- In the 20th century the first cars, tanks, aircraft, and helicopters were pioneered for common use.
|19th century||Timeline||21st century|