By starship or station
- The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) is launched from San Francisco Fleet Yards under the command of Captain Robert April. His wife, Sarah April, is the vessel's first medical officer and Christopher Pike as April's first officer. (TAS: "The Counter-Clock Incident"; DIS: "Brother")
- Michael Burnham begins attending the Vulcan Science Academy making her the first Human to do so. (DIS: "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry")
- Pavel Chekov is born to Andrei Chekov in Russia, on Earth. (TOS: "Who Mourns for Adonais?", "The Way to Eden")
- The inconclusive Battle of Donatu V is fought between Federation and Klingon forces near Sherman's Planet. (TOS: "The Trouble with Tribbles")
- Emony Dax visits Earth to judge a gymnastics competition at the University of Mississippi, where she meets Leonard McCoy. She told him he "had the hands of a surgeon." (DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations") Afterward, he began his career in medicine. (TAS: "The Pirates of Orion")
- According to "The Pirates of Orion", Leonard McCoy became a doctor in this year. Since he was eighteen at this time, it is likely that the episode refers to the beginning of his undergraduate studies, supported by "Trials and Tribble-ations".
- The 2245 launch date for the Enterprise was suggested in the Star Trek Chronology (1st ed., p. 31), and would be referenced in an unseen portion of Jonathan Archer's created for "In a Mirror, Darkly". Although this clashes with a "twenty years old" reference in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, which would indicate that the Enterprise only dated back to the early 2260s, the later date is supported by the fact that Pike served aboard her during the 2250s, and April much earlier, who served aboard prior to his ambassadorship, beginning in 2250, while under the assumption that he commanded a five-year mission.
- Archer's unused personnel file would also have stated he died this year, one day after observing the christening of the Enterprise. Star Trek suggests Archer may be alive and active in or around Starfleet Academy on Earth past this date as Montgomery Scott was sent to the Delta Vega outpost after testing his theory on transwarp beaming on an Admiral Archer's prize beagle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.