- Professor Robert Crater and his wife Nancy arrive on the planet M-113. The professor begins his archaeological excavation of an ancient and extinct civilization that once lived there. (TOS: "The Man Trap")
- James T. Kirk is romantically involved with Janet Wallace. (TOS: "The Deadly Years")
- Spock meets Leila Kalomi on Earth. (TOS: "This Side of Paradise")
- Dr. Roger Korby sends his last transmission from the planet of Exo III. (TOS: "What Are Little Girls Made Of?")
- On 892-IV, Flavius Maximus wins his first arena game. For the next seven years, he was the most successful gladiator of his province. (TOS: "Bread and Circuses")
- Cyrano Jones, a licensed asteroid locator and prospector, begins selling and buying rare merchandise. (TOS: "The Trouble with Tribbles")
According to the Star Trek Chronology, David Marcus is born to James T. Kirk and Carol Marcus, the USS Enterprise completes its third five-year mission, and Nyota Uhura graduates from Starfleet Academy on this year.
- 2261 at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- 2261 at Memory Omega, the wiki for licensed Star Trek books, audiobooks, and comics
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.