- On the planet Dramia, Commander Demos place Doctor Leonard McCoy under arrest for allowing the outbreak of an auroral plague to develop on Dramia II in 2251. (TAS: "Albatross")
- Captain James T. Kirk invokes Starfleet General Order 6, on the USS Enterprise, after he and his crew contract the auroral plague. (TAS: "Albatross")
- McCoy found a cure for the auroral plague, via blood samples of the USS Enterprise crew, which allowed Kirk to lift General Order 6. (TAS: "Albatross")
- After the testimony of defense witness, for McCoy, Kol-Tai, it is discovered that the auroral plague was caused by radiation and McCoy was exonerated and McCoy is lauded as a hero for saving both the lives on Dramia II, but also his own crewmates. (TAS: "Albatross")
- Orion neutrality comes to an end after an act of piracy. After the freighter USS Huron is attacked and looted, the USS Enterprise captures the Orion vessel responsible. (TAS: "The Pirates of Orion")
- After a mild outbreak of choriocytosis aboard the USS Enterprise, the only seriously ill crewmember, Commander Spock, is saved from near death by a shipment of strobolin which was briefly stolen by Orions. (TAS: "The Pirates of Orion")
- Kirk orders a Federation quarantine of the planet Delta Theta III under Starfleet General Order 1 to maintain the Prime Directive of non-interference in the development of that planet's society and culture. (TAS: "Bem")
- Near the beginning of this year, James T. Kirk's five-year mission ends. (VOY: "Q2")
- Kirk is promoted to Admiral and becomes Chief of Starfleet Operations. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Spock retires from Starfleet and returns to Vulcan to undergo kolinahr. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Leonard McCoy also retires from Starfleet and starts a private medical practice on Earth. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Will Decker is promoted to captain of the USS Enterprise. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Felisa Howard is born. (TNG: "Sub Rosa")
- The first TOS missions of Star Trek: Legacy take place in this year, since Kirk notes in his captain's log that it has been two years since the events of "The Enterprise Incident" which took place in 2268.
- The events of the Star Trek novel The Lost Years occur in this year.
- The Star Trek Online mission "Past Imperfect" takes place during this time.