- March 22 (Stardate 8130.3): James T. Kirk turns 52 years old. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
- Stardate 8130.4: Project Genesis enters its third stage. USS Reliant is dispatched to the Ceti Alpha system to determine the viability of Ceti Alpha VI for use in the Genesis test. The vessel is hijacked by Khan Noonien Singh, and used to launch an attack on the USS Enterprise. Khan is killed in the detonation of the Genesis Device aboard Reliant. Captain Spock dies while restoring power to Enterprise's warp drive, allowing it to escape. The Genesis Planet is formed. (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
- Stardate 8205.5: The USS Excelsior, Starfleet's first Excelsior-class starship, is commissioned. (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)
- Stardate 8210.3: Admiral James T. Kirk steals the USS Enterprise in an attempt to rescue Spock, revived by the effects of the Genesis Planet. USS Grissom is destroyed by a Klingon Bird-of-Prey commanded by Kruge. The Enterprise is destroyed to prevent it from falling into Klingon hands. Kirk and his crew return to Vulcan in the Klingon Bird-of-Prey, where Spock's memory is restored with the fal-tor-pan ritual. (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)
- USS Hathaway, a Constellation-class starship, is launched from Copernicus Ship Yards, Luna. (TNG: "Peak Performance")
- According to Spock, Cyrano Jones would've finished cleaning Deep Space Station K-7 from tribbles this year. (TOS: "The Trouble with Tribbles")
- Joran wrote a musical piece. (DS9: "Equilibrium")
- Following the death of Torias in a shuttlecraft accident, the Dax symbiont is joined with Joran. (DS9: "Dax", "Equilibrium", "Rejoined")
Background information Edit
- Doctor Carol Marcus makes a somewhat odd statement in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan that "Starfleet has kept the peace for a hundred years" suggesting that there have been no major conflicts in the Federation since 2185. This is seemingly contradicted, however, by such known conflicts as the Battle of Axanar, the First and Second Federation-Klingon Wars.
- According to Star Trek: Star Charts (p. 33), Trill (Trillius Prime) was admitted to the United Federation of Planets.
- This was one of two years suggested as the year in which the USS Excelsior was launched in the Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th ed., vol. 1, p. 254). This year was from the Excelsior-class starship entry. The other year was 2284.
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.