(written from a Production point of view)
When the plan goes awry, the crew must improvise. Meanwhile, Gwyn discovers a dark truth that will forever jeopardize their quest toward salvation.
- Note: Please obey copyright policy; do not copy material from other sources without permission.
Hologram Janeway recounted what had happened after the defeat of the the Diviner: Zero stayed by Gwyn's bedside in sickbay until she regained consciousness, but she had lost her memory of the event; the previously Unwanted were given a Starfleet combadge and the REV-12 allowing them to chart their own future; the Diviner, suffering from mental breakdown, became the only Unwanted and left on Tars Lamora. With Dal's help, Gwyn slowly walked into the bridge of the Protostar as Murf, Rok, Jankom and Zero warmly greeted her. Taking the captain's chair, Dal orders a course set for Starfleet to return the ship. Gwyn showed momentary hesitation, but soon reassured Dal that nothing was wrong and concurred to his command. With everyone in agreement, the Protostar went into warp heading for Federation space.
Aboard the USS Dauntless, Ensign Asencia, manning the navigation console, reported to the ship's CO, Vice Admiral Kathryn Janeway, that a proto-warp signature from the Protostar had been detected, noting this was the third such detection recently. Admiral Janeway responded that this would be a pattern which indicated the reappearance of the Protostar. She ordered the Dauntless to the last detected position of the Protostar and vowed to find out what happened, and to rescue Captain Chakotay and his crew.
"You can all breathe easy now. Except for me, of course. A benefit of being non-corporeal."
- - Zero
"You used me to hurt others! It's time I showed you who I truly am, so you cannot hurt anyone else!"
"Look at Me! Don't look or you'll go mad!"
- - Dal, warning Gwyn not to look at Zero
"Where to, Captain?"
"It's time we return their ship. Set a course for Starfleet."
- - Zero and Dal, before getting underway
- The title was announced by Paramount+ on 31 January 2022. 
- "A Moral Star" is an anagram of Tars Lamora.
- The Diviner confirms that he had been sent back in time, thus clearing up apparent inconsistencies with the chronology of events leading up to Star Trek: Prodigy.
- Admiral Kathryn Janeway makes her first appearance since Star Trek Nemesis.
- Trill, Andorian, and Tellarite Starfleet officers are seen onboard the USS Dauntless.
- The USS Dauntless crew wears uniforms resembling the Starfleet uniform design introduced on Star Trek: Lower Decks.
- The USS Dauntless is based on a fake Starfleet vessel of the same name that appeared in the Star Trek: Voyager fourth season finale "Hope and Fear".
Links and references
- Rylee Alazraqui as Rok-Tahk
- Dee Bradley Baker as
- Brett Gray as Dal
- Angus Imrie as Zero
- Ella Purnell as Gwyn
- Jason Mantzoukas as Jankom Pog
- John Noble as The Diviner
- Jimmi Simpson as Drednok
- Kate Mulgrew as
- Laila Berzins as
- Bonnie Gordon as Ship Computer
- Jameela Jamil as Asencia
- Rania Sharkawy as Caitian Child
- Ben Thomas as
- Debra Wilson as Miners
- Alien miners 1 and 2
- Andorian command officer
- Human command officer
- Human operations officer
- Lurian miner
- Tellarite sciences officer
alliance; Andorian; ankle monitor; archway; atmospheric shields; brig; Brikar; Caitian; captain; Chakotay; civil war; civilization; computer; coordinates; course; Dal R'El's species; Dauntless, USS; Dauntless-class; dilithium matrix; door; energy; energy core; engine; engine room; ensign; Federation; feeling; first contact; freedom; friend; gift; hand; hatch; head; heirloom; history; holodeck; idea; input variance; insanity; interplex; jump start; jury rig; life; Lurian; magic; manacle (aka ankle restraint); maximum warp; Medusan; memories; meow; Milky Way Galaxy; miner; minute; mission; Murf's species; name; non-corporeal; offspring (aka progeny); percussive maintenance; plasma conduit; power; prodigy; proto-core; proto-warp; proto-warp signature; Protostar, USS; Protostar-type; protostar drive (aka proto-drive); reflection; Rev-12; security protocol (security protocol s-29); shield emitters; shields; short wave communicator; short wave translator; siphon; Solum; Solum-1; star; Starfleet; Starfleet uniform; Tars Lamora; Tellarite; thought; time travel; tragedy; training log; transporter; Trill; truth; universal translator; universe; Unwanted, The; upgrades; Vau N'Akat; voice; voyages; Watcher; worlds; year
code keypad; communicator; diagnostic check; engineering; flight operator; keypad; level; navigation; proto-engine; RADAR; short range sensor; short range sensor analysis; stat; synch; temperature; turbine; ventilation; warp; warp mode; wireframe mode
"A Moral Star, Part 1"
|Star Trek: Prodigy
Not yet announced