(written from a Production point of view)
After Trek was a companion show to the first season of Star Trek: Discovery, which aired on CBS All Access first premiered in September 2017. It was hosted by Matt Mira and produced by Embassy Row, in association with Roddenberry Entertainment. It was the first companion Star Trek series and the only Star Trek series to not be set in the Star Trek universe.
A post-episode discussion series in the vein of Talking Dead, another Embassy Row production, the show aired immediately after the debut of each episode of Discovery on CBS All Access. Each episode was also made available as an on-demand release shortly after its initial airing.
The show's format incorporated interactive elements which allowed viewers to communicate in realtime with the host and his guests, through online polls and social media.  One segment of each show was entitled "Cadet Training" and focused on past Star Trek episodes that resonate with the most recent installments of Discovery.
Although it was originally stated that the series would be "retooled" for Discovery's second season,  on 17 January 2019, it was announced that the series had been discontinued, to be replaced by weekly streams on Facebook Live  known as The Ready Room. 
Episode list Edit
- The series was announced on 17 May 2017 during the "CBS Upfront" media presentation and bore the working title of "Talking Trek".  The final revised title was revealed in a trailer on 21 September 2017  and Mira was announced as the show's host on the following day. 
- Throughout the series, a variety of different Star Trek memorabilia and merchandise was featured on the shelving behind the host, with slight variations seen between episodes. Among the items displayed were tribbles, Starfleet insignia, a Klingon blade weapon, a phaser, USS Enterprise and Klingon Bird of Prey Owners' Workshop Manuals, a Vulcan IDIC, and prototypes of both the USS Shenzhou and USS Discovery models from the Star Trek: Discovery The Official Starships Collection partwork, at the time yet to be released commercially. 
Production staff Edit
- Matt Mira – Host
- Michael Davies – Executive Producer
- Rod Roddenberry – Executive Producer
- Trevor Roth – Executive Producer
- Jeremy Hutchins – Co-Executive Producer
- Julia Cassidy – Co-Executive Producer
|Star Trek television series|
|The Original Series • The Animated Series • The Next Generation • Deep Space Nine • Voyager • Enterprise • Discovery • Untitled Picard series • Lower Decks • Untitled animated series • Untitled Section 31 series|
|Companion series: After Trek • Short Treks • The Ready Room|