Anapestic tetrameter was a characteristic poetic meter.
- A Sunset Bloom
- Then we sat on the sand for some time and observed
- How the oceans that cover the world were perturbed
- By the tides from the orbiting moon overhead
- "How relaxing the sound of the waves is," you said.
- I began to expound upon tidal effects
- When you asked me to stop, looking somewhat perplexed
- So I did not explain why the sunset turns red
- And we watched the occurrence in silence instead. (TNG: "Schisms"):
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.