(written from a Production point of view)
Art Chudabala (born 10 September 1970; age 49) performed the role of Lieutenant Junior Grade Hector Ilario in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Field of Fire". He filmed his scenes on Monday 16 November 1998 at Paramount Stage 17. He also appeared in "Valiant" as an unnamed Valiant cadet. 
In addition, he had a guest role in a 1995 episode of Babylon 5 along with Paul Winfield. The regulars on this series included fellow Star Trek alumni Andreas Katsulas, Bill Mumy, and Mary Kay Adams. Chudabala also appeared on Dark Skies when Star Trek: Voyager actress Jeri Ryan was a regular, along with Tim Kelleher; fellow Trekers Jennifer Hetrick and Brian Cousins also guest-starred in the episode with Chudabala. In 2006, Chudabala appeared on Boston Legal, a series which stars William Shatner and Rene Auberjonois. ENT guest actress Joanna Cassidy and frequent Trek actor Larry Cedar also appeared in this episode.
Chudabala has also appeared on such television programs as Picket Fences (with Ray Walston), Walker, Texas Ranger (with Noble Willingham), NYPD Blue (with Gordon Clapp and Sharon Lawrence, ER (with James Cromwell, JAG (with Steven Culp, Richard Herd, Jim Fitzpatrick, and Scott Lawrence), Six Feet Under (with Joanna Cassidy, Robert Foxworth, and Kellie Waymire), The West Wing (with Alan Dale), Medical Investigation (with Neal McDonough and Glenn Morshower), J.J. Abrams' Alias (with Leon Russom), and CSI.
He can also be seen in such major films as Gleaming the Cube (1989, co-starring Christian Slater, Richard Herd, and Ed Lauter), Indecent Proposal (1993) and Strange Days (1995). In 2001, he co-starred with ENT star Scott Bakula in the critically acclaimed Life as a House. In 2004, he was among the ensemble cast who starred in the Oscar-winning drama Crash. Among his co-stars in this film were Enterprise guest actor Daniel Dae Kim and Star Trek: The Next Generation star Marina Sirtis. Chudabala was more recently seen in the science fiction blockbuster remake of War of the Worlds in 2005.
Other Trek connections Edit
- Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (1991 TV movie) with John Glover
- Darkness Before Dawn (1993 TV movie) with Kirsten Dunst, Frank Novak, and Gwynyth Walsh
- Bombshell (1996 film) with Mädchen Amick
- The Pretender episode "Over the Edge" (1997) with Gail Strickland
- Strange World episode "Rage" (1999) with Graham Jarvis, Glenn Morshower, and Steve Rankin
- FreakyLinks episode "Subject: Me and My Shadow" (2001) with Dennis Christopher
- Mister Sterling pilot episode (2003) with Vaughn Armstrong, Bob Gunton, Stanley Kamel, Randy Oglesby, George D. Wallace, and Harris Yulin
- Intoxicating (2003 film) with John Savage
- Without a Trace episode "Shadows" (2004) with Robert Pine