(written from a Production point of view)
This page contains information regarding Star Trek: Short Treks, and thus may contain spoilers.
When an attack on Starbase 28 leaves a surprise prisoner under Cadet Thira Sidhu’s watch, she is faced with making a decision that may threaten her standing in Starfleet.
- Please obey copyright policy; do not copy material from other sources without permission.
Background information Edit
- The title of this episode was first revealed in a trailer released on 20 July 2019 at San Diego Comic-Con.
- The release date was announced on 5 October 2019 at New York Comic-Con. 
- Alex Kurtzman confirmed on 7 October 2019 that this episode features Christopher Pike. 
- The episode's title is a reference to a quote by President John F. Kennedy: "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." (citation needed • edit)
- Pike mentions a number of previously mentioned Starfleet regulations. These include Regulation 191 (Article 14), which was previously used by Kathryn Janeway, ("Equinox") and the reserve activation clause, invoked by Admiral Nogura at the request of Admiral James T. Kirk to "draft" doctor Leonard H. McCoy in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. About this clause, McCoy points out that it is "little-known" and "seldom-used." (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
Links and references Edit
- Amrit Kaur as Cadet Thira Sidhu
- Steve Boyle as Security Officer #1
- Colette Whitaker as Station 28 computer voice
Uncredited co-stars Edit
2250s; Berellium; Berellium casualties; Bouman, USS; Constitution-class (unnamed); engineering; inventory section; loophole; mask; mutiny; phaser; reserve activation clause; semester; Sidhu's husband; Starbase 28; Starfleet General Orders and Regulations; Tholians; yellow alert; war
| Previous episode:|
"The Trouble with Edward"
| Star Trek: Short Treks|
| Next episode:|
"The Girl Who Made the Stars"