The crew is trapped between an angry Klingon force and a renegade starship that attacked that Empire's outpost.
- The second chapter in the Who Killed Captain Kirk? storyline, this issue was later collected in that book.
- This was part of Peter David's first storyline as a Star Trek comic book writer.
- The one-eyed Klingon, Kron, was named for another cycloptic character in author Peter David's Aquaman work.
- Based on Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Writer: Peter David
- Editor: Robert Greenberger
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in DC TOS volume 1 characters.
- James T. Kirk
- USS Enterprise-A captain.
- Vulcan Enterprise-A exec and science officer.
- Leonard McCoy
- Enterprise-A surgeon.
- Montgomery Scott
- Enterprise-A chief engineer.
- Pavel Chekov
- Enterprise-A security chief.
- Growth-stunted Klingon albino found on Miraud. Pocket TNG: "Strike Zone" suggests he later takes the name "Kobry" (to honor his Starfleet guardians, KOnom and Nancy BRYce).
- Klingon Enterprise-A ensign.
- Nancy Bryce
- Enterprise-A navigation ensign.
- William Bearclaw
- Enterprise-A security ensign.
- Andorian mercenary.
- Tellarite mercenary.
- Alien mercenary.
- Klingon survivor
- Klingon used as target practice by the mercenaries. Bendar and Melchior weren't sure which one had managet to shoot him after Grunt hurled him into the air.
- Enterprise-A officer.
- Phil Burroughs, aka "Zair"
- Captain of USS Zephyr.
- Zair's next destination.
- USS Enterprise-A
- Refit-type Constitution class Federation starship.
- USS Zephyr (NCC-1005)
- Miranda class Federation starship. The Zephyr is only referred to as the "Renegade" in this issue. Her registry was readable off of her hull.
| Previous issue:|
#48: "The Stars in Secret Influence"
DC TOS volume 1
| Next issue:|
#50: "Marriage of Inconvenience"