(written from a Production point of view)
"They said it would never happen! Nearly five decades and 1500 episodes in the making! The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history, in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION/DOCTOR WHO: ASSIMILATION²! When the Federation's most terrifying enemy strikes an unholy alliance with one of the Doctor's most hated antagonists, the result is devastation on a cosmic scale! Spanning the ends of space and time itself, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise find themselves joining forces with the Doctor and his companions, with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance! Written by Scott and David Tipton, the authors of the critically acclaimed Star Trek: Infestation, and featuring the beautiful painted artwork of J.K. Woodward (Fallen Angel), this is the adventure that both Trekkers and Whovians have waited for all their lives! Geronimo? Make it so!"
Memorable quotes Edit
"Resistance is futile!"
- - A Cyberman saying the Borg's catchphrase
"Why, we're bound to run into something unusual here! Something like that android in the pinstripe suit."
- - The Doctor, upon seeing Data
- This issue shipped with two general covers, two retail incentive covers, and two retail specific covers, one for Forbidden Planet, and one for Hastings.
- Stardate 45635.2 places the story between "The Outcast" and "Cause and Effect".
- A building appears in the holographic San Francisco with a sign reading "Tom's Bakery", with a nearby street sign reading "4th". This is a reference to actor Tom Baker, who played the Fourth Doctor on Doctor Who from 1974 to 1981.
- Editor: Denton J. Tipton
- Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Special thanks to Risa Kessler and John Van Citters of CBS Consumer Products, and Kate Bush, Georgie Britton, Caroline Skinner, Denise Paul, and Ed Casey at BBC Worldwide for their invaluable assistance.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|First issue in series||Assimilation²||#2: "Assimilation², Issue 2"|