(written from a Production point of view)
"The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history, in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION/DOCTOR WHO: ASSIMILATION² The true horror of the Borg-Cybermen alliance has been revealed, but what course of action will Captain Picard and the Doctor agree upon? And will the Doctor's recently resurfaced memories shed new night on the dilemma?"
"Hello. Can I be of assistance?"
"Who are you."
"I'm the Doctor. Having a little trouble with the door?"
"You're with the research team?"
"I've only just arrived. I'm certain I can help you out there, if you'll permit me..."
"Fascinating. Gelatin confection, dusted with starch, and molded into the shape of a small child."
- - Spock exanimating a jelly baby given to him by the Doctor
"Speaking of unexpected. Where's your doctor? If he hadn't come along when he did, we might never have ever gotten in here."
"Our doctor? We thought he was with you!"
- - Kirk and Whitmore, on who the Doctor was and where he went
"That would make you than a hundred years old?"
"Don't be ridiculous, Commander. I'm nowhere near 100."
- - Riker and The Doctor, on how the Doctor could have met Kirk
- This issue shipped with two general covers and one retail incentive cover.
- The image for Cover B is based on a promotional poster for the movie Star Trek: First Contact. The cover image features the Eleventh Doctor in the place of Picard, Rory Williams in the place of Data, Amy Pond in the place of the Borg Queen, and the USS Enterprise-E being replaced by the TARDIS. Also, the Borg army at the bottom of the poster is now outnumbered by the Cybermen.
- The flashback encounter between the original Enterprise crew and the Fourth Doctor on stardate 3368.5, takes place between "Operation -- Annihilate!" and "Amok Time".
- Editor: Denton J. Tipton
- Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Special thanks to Risa Kessler and John Van Citters of CBS Consumer Products, and Kate Bush, Georgie Britton, Caroline Skinner, Denise Paul, and Ed Casey at BBC Worldwide for their invaluable assistance.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#2: "Assimilation², Issue 2"||Assimilation²||#4: "Assimilation², Issue 4"|