(written from a Production point of view)
"The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history, in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION/DOCTOR WHO: ASSIMILATION²! The Doctor and his companions must travel into the past and navigate through one of the Federation's most crushing defeats in order to prevent an even worse fate in the present!"
"Trust him? Do you trust him yet, Captain?"
"Hrm. What choice do we have, Number One? What the...?"
- - Picard and Riker on trusting the Doctor before Picard reacts to the TARDIS reappearing as quickly as it disappered
"The operation of a Type 3 phaser rifle is simple. But still requires care and focus. Just below the rear handgrip is–"
"No, no, no! Absolutely not! No guns!"
"Going into this mission unarmed is tantamount to suicide."
"Guns make you stupid. We'll get along just fine without them, thank you very much."
- - Worf and The Doctor, arguing over the use of firearms
"What trickery is this?"
- - Worf and Data's reactions to seeing the inside of the TARDIS
"Am I to assume the vessel somehow makes use of dimensional shifting so as to create an exponentially larger interior? Most efficient, Doctor."
"Spot-on, Commander Data. A genuine pleasure to have someone aboard who so quick on the uptake!"
- - Data and The Doctor on how the TARDIS is bigger on the inside
- - Worf to Amy, after Rory almost got caught by the Cybermen
"Mr. and Mrs. Williams. Come here. Take these. They're calibrated to to match our rifles."
"But you heard the Doctor–"
"The Doctor isn't here. And stupidity is an empty hand. I have no problem continuing to protect you. But would you rather protect yourselves? "
- - Worf and Amy on giving her and Rory phasers
- This issue shipped with one general cover and one retail incentive cover.
- Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
- Special thanks to Risa Kessler and John Van Citters of CBS Consumer Products, and Kate Bush, Georgie Britton, Caroline Skinner, Denise Paul, and Ed Casey at BBC Worldwide for their invaluable assistance.
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|#6: "Assimilation², Issue 6"||Assimilation²||#8: "Assimilation², Issue 8"|