(written from a Production point of view)
Jimmie Bartell LaRue (23 January 1932 – 5 January 1990; age 57) was a voice actor who only worked from the late 1960s to the early 1970s. In that time, his rich, stentorian voice earned him a total of six Star Trek: The Original Series voice roles. He was also popular with the producers of Mannix and Mission: Impossible (both were Desilu productions) and once made a brief guest appearance on The Brady Bunch.
LaRue also made an uncredited appearance in the movie The Andromeda Strain, which was directed by Robert Wise and photographed by Richard H. Kline. It also featured fellow TOS guest actors Kermit Murdock, Garry Walberg, Michael Pataki and Walker Edmiston.
Star Trek appearances Edit
- "The Squire of Gothos" as Trelane's father (voice)
- "The City on the Edge of Forever" as the Guardian of Forever (voice)
- "Bread and Circuses" as an announcer (voice and on-screen)
- "The Gamesters of Triskelion" as Provider 1 (voice, uncredited)
- "Patterns of Force" as an Ekosian newscaster (voice and on-screen)
- "The Savage Curtain" as Yarnek (voice)