(written from a Production point of view)
A lush and distant world hides a deadly secret!
Belle Terre is a Pocket TOS novel – #90 in the numbered series, and the second book in the Star Trek: New Earth series – written by Dean Wesley Smith with Diane Carey. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in June 2000.
- From the book jacket
- The Starship Enterprise has embarked on its most ambitious assignment yet: to lead a courageous band of settlers to a far-off planet, to defend the fragile colony from alien threats, and to unravel the mysteries of a brand-new Earth!
- A six-month distance from the Federation, the planet Belle Terre offers a new life to more than 30,000 families, pioneers, scientists, expatriates, go-getters, loners, and entrepreneurs, all under the watchful eye of Captain Kirk and his crew. But the would-be colonists have barely settled in the untamed wilderness of their new home when Spock makes a startling discovery: not only does one of the planet's moons contain a rare ore of almost inestimable value, that same moon is also violently unstable. Within months, it will inevitably explode – destroying all life on Belle Terre!
Background information Edit
- This novel contained Chapter Eleven of the serialized novel Starfleet: Year One.
- James T. Kirk
- Captain of the Hampton Roads
- Hampton Roads
- Captain Nickle's Conestoga-class colony ship is destroyed.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#89: Wagon Train to the Stars|| Pocket TOS|
Star Trek: New Earth
|#91: Rough Trails|