(written from a Production point of view)
Kirk and Spock face their greatest crisis in a bold new adventure!
Black Fire is a Pocket TOS novel – #8 in the numbered series – written by Sonni Cooper. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in January 1983. Spock is declared a traitor and James T. Kirk must choose to side with his friend or his duty as a Starfleet officer.
- From the book jacket
- When sabotage strikes the Enterprise, Spock's investigation leads him into an alliance with the Romulan and Klingon empires against the Tomarii, a bloodthirsty race for whom war is life itself. Spock is declared a traitor and sentenced to the Federation's highest-security prison, and Kirk must choose between friendship and duty, with dire consequences for himself, Spock, and the entire Federation if he's wrong.
Background information Edit
- This is the only Star Trek novel written by Sonni Cooper.
- Features an introduction by Theodore Sturgeon.
- The Romulan Commander played by actress Joanne Linville in TOS: "The Enterprise Incident" makes a cameo appearance. Spock asks if he may call her by name. She prefers that he forget she exists.
- Based on Chekov having just been promoted to Lieutenant according to dialogue in the book, this story must take place some time between the original series and the first movie.
Cover gallery Edit
Canon characters Edit
- Captain James T. Kirk
- Commander Spock
- Chief Surgeon Leonard McCoy
- Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott
- Hikaru Sulu
- Lieutenant Pavel Chekov
Non-canon characters Edit
- Lieutenant Commander Martin
- Science Officer
- Lieutenant Commander Douglas
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#7: Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan|| Pocket TOS|
|Doctor's Orders (#36)||Titan Books release order||Killing Time (#38)|