(written from a Production point of view)
- Here lies Kieran Duffy (2332-2376). He died so others would live.
Breakdowns is a Pocket SCE collection – the seventh collection of the series – containing books #25-28 of the original eBook series, written by Scott Ciencin, Keith R.A. DeCandido, Kevin Dilmore, Heather Jarman, and Dayton Ward. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in May 2005.
- From the book jacket
- A TURNING POINT FOR THE STARFLEET CORPS OF ENGINEERS!
- After the catastrophic events of Wildfire, the SCE crew of the USS da Vinci is in disarray. Half of the ship's complement were killed at Galvan VI, and the survivors must put their lives back together. Corsi, accompanied by Stevens, tries to make amends with her long-estranged father. Abramowitz attempts to lose herself in her work, only to be confronted with an old rival – and her own emotional fears. P8 Blue goes home to find her world confronting a crisis that threatens the Nasat's very existence.
- But it is Captain Gold and Commander Gomez who face the most difficult trials, as they find the road to recovery a difficult one. Each confronts demons from the past and the uncertainty of the future, leading to a bitter confrontation from which neither may ever truly recover…
- See individual stories for details.
- Home Fires by Kevin Dilmore & Dayton Ward
- Age of Unreason by Scott Ciencin
- Balance of Nature by Heather Jarman
- Breakdowns by Keith R.A. DeCandido
- This is the last SCE omnibus to be released under that banner and in mass-market paperback format; the next volume would switch to the Corps of Engineers banner and be published as a trade paperback.
- These stories have parallels with the episodes "Home" and "Family", as they show the crew finding themselves after a destructive event.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#6: Wildfire|| Pocket SCE|