(written from a Production point of view)
Captain's Log: William Shatner's Personal Account of the Making of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier is a behind-the-scenes description of the creation of the fifth Star Trek movie, written by Shatner's daughter, Lisabeth.
- From the book jacket
- CAPTAIN'S LOG: In 1965, a young Canadian actor was cast as the lead character in one of the most unusual television series ever: STAR TREK. His dynamic portrayal of Captain James T. Kirk helped make the series into one of Hollywood's most amazing success stories... and made William Shatner part of an entertainment legend.
- Over twenty years later, STAR TREK is still going strong, as a series of smash motion pictures. And for STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER, William Shatner took on an entirely new challenge – to not only star, but serve as director and co-writer of a multi-million dollar Hollywood epic. CAPTAIN'S LOG: THE MAKING OF STAR TREK V is the story of how Shatner faced that challenge, including...
- His thoughts on STAR TREK – how the success of the series has shaped his life and career – and his hopes and dreams for this latest STAR TREK voyage!
- Shatner's earliest script ideas – from story conferences with STAR TREK creator Gene Roddenberry and the film's producer, Harve Bennett, to the shaping of the final draft screenplay...
- The agony and the ecstasy of the actual filming... from Paramount's back lot to Yosemite National Park... learning how to fly upside down and direct a film!
- The insurmountable difficulties associated with some of the film's special-effects sequences... and how they forced Shatner to re-evaluate the movie's ending...
- 16 pages of fabulous, behind-the-scenes photos and interviews with the original and new cast members! Told by his daughter, Lisabeth, who witnessed each exciting development as it unfolded, you can now follow each entry into the Captain's Log. It's all here in William Shatner's inside story of the making of STAR TREK V – the most spectacular STAR TREK movie yet!
Warning: Display title "<i>Captain's Log: William Shatner's Personal Account of the Making of</i> Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" overrides earlier display title "<i>Captain's Log: William Shatner's Personal Account of the Making of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier</i>".