(written from a Production point of view)
Caveat Emptor is a Pocket SCE eBook novella – #14 in the series – written by Ian Edginton and Mike Collins. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in March 2002. The novella was later collected in the SCE omnibus No Surrender.
- From the book jacket
- DaiMon Forg of the Ferengi Merchantman thought he was getting a fantastic new computer at a stunningly low price. But he realized too late that the price he paid for the machine from Beta III was far too high…
- What starts as a simple rescue mission reveals something that astonishes the USS da Vinci crew – a ship full of polite, docile, and generous Ferengi! Soon, Commander Gomez and her SCE team realize that the Ferengi have been taken over by Landru, the ancient super-computer, which has returned a century after being dismantled by the crew of the Starship Enterprise to wreak havoc once more.
- And Landru has set its sights on the da Vinci next…
Background information Edit
- This is Edginton and Collins' only Trek prose credit; they had previously worked on a number of Star Trek comics together, while Collins was also the cover artist for the SCE series. Edginton asked Collins to help finish the story when scheduling issues threatened his deadline. (Voyages of Imagination, p. 352)
- The cover misspells Edginton's name as "Edington".
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#13: No Surrender|| eBooks|
|#15: Past Life|