(written from a Production point of view)
When a peace treaty is sabotaged, only Spock can save a planet from war!
Crisis on Vulcan is a Star Trek: The Original Series - Starfleet Academy young adult novel – the first novel in the series – written by Brad and Barbara Strickland. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in August 1996.
- From the book jacket
- A young Spock, accompanied his father, the Vulcan diplomat Sarek, to the planet Marath to help negotiate a peace treaty. With the signed treaty safely in hand, they board the starship Enterprise and head home. Spock is fascinated by the easy acceptance of his Vulcan culture by the bright, adventurous Starfleet crew headed by Captain Robert April and his first officer, Christopher Pike. Spock, half-Vulcan, half-Human, is now torn between accepting his position at the Vulcan Science Academy or joining the cadets at Starfleet Academy.
- Before he can decide, however, he and Sarek discover that not everyone is happy with the treaty. First, rebel forces attempt an assault on the Enterprise, and then Spock's own family is stalked. Spock has a hunch about who is behind the attacks. But to find out – and set the course for his own destiny – he'll have to trust his Human side.
Background information Edit
- The Pocket Books Star Trek Novel Timeline, as printed in What Lay Beyond, places this story in 2248; the accompanying historian's note basing it on Spock joining Starfleet Academy in 2249 (a date established by the Star Trek Chronology). The Voyages of Imagination edition of the Timeline maintains this positioning.
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in Pocket TOS characters.
- Vulcan diplomat and Spock's father.
- Robert April
- Starfleet captain of Enterprise.
- Amanda Grayson
- Spock's mother
- Christopher Pike
- Starfleet executive officer.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|First novel in series||Star Trek: The Original Series - Starfleet Academy||#2: Aftershock|