(written from a Production point of view)
This page contains information regarding Star Trek: Discovery, and thus may contain spoilers.
This page contains information specifically pertaining to the fourth season of Star Trek: Discovery.
In an interview with Michelle Paradise, she stated that Gray's storyline will be followed up in season 4 and "That storyline is incredibly important to us."  She expanded on that in a separate interview stating "Representation matters. It matters to see a version of yourself on screen. It matters there are non-binary and transgender characters. It matters that there is a Black woman in the captain's chair. It matters that there is a gay couple on our show. We will continue to do that for the show, and the world we live in, but also, to honor the Star Trek legacy. And to be super clear, we will pay that moment off in Season 4. Gray will be seen. That promise will be paid off." 
- On 9 January 2020, Production Weekly included a fourth season in its listing of upcoming productions, although no official announcement has been made.     
- On 16 October 2020 Season 4 was officially announced; production began on November 2.  
- Sonequa Martin-Green as Michael Burnham 
- Doug Jones as Saru
- Ian Alexander as Gray Tal 
- Blu del Barrio as Adira Tal 
- David Cronenberg as Kovich 
- Tig Notaro as Jett Reno 
DIS Season 3
Star Trek: Discovery
Not yet announced