(written from a Production point of view)
Declassified is a Star Trek: Vanguard anthology – the sixth book in the series – written by Dayton Ward, Kevin Dilmore, David Mack, and Marco Palmieri. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in June 2011.
- From the book jacket
- The Taurus Reach: the source of a secret that has driven the great powers of the 23rd Century to risk everything in the race to control it. Now four new adventures – previously untold tales of the past and present, with hints of what it is yet to come – begin the next great phase in the Vanguard saga.
- Witness the dawn of Starbase 47, as Ambassador Jetanien faces choices that will shape the future of Operation Vanguard; follow journalist Tim Pennington as he reaches a crossroads in his search for the truth; see how the crises on two colonies transform the lives of Diego Reyes and Rana Desai; and travel with Cervantes Quinn to a deadly confrontation that will change everything – all in one unforgettable Star Trek collection.
The stories that feature in the collection are:
- "Almost Tomorrow", by Ward, set before Harbinger and the Star Trek: Corps of Engineers novella "Distant Early Warning".
- "Hard News", by Dilmore, set after Reap the Whirlwind.
- "The Ruins of Noble Men", by Palmieri, set after Precipice, with flashbacks to events 9 years earlier.
- "The Stars Look Down", by Mack, set after Precipice.
- The collection was announced by Ward on 14 April 2010. 
- A solicitation blurb for the release, made available in November 2010, was taken from an early sales document, and included story concepts that ultimately did not form part of the novellas to be released. 
- Marco Palmieri makes his Star Trek author debut with this release, having been a co-creator of Vanguard with Mack, and long-time editor of the Star Trek range.
- Cover art by Doug Drexler, design by Alan Dingman. Station design by Masao Okazaki.
- The Starfleet vessel USS Al Rashid (NCC-3802) (β) featured on the cover concerns a Ptolemy-class tug conceived by Franz Joseph for his Star Fleet Technical Manual as a "Class I Transport/Tug – MK-VI". For this representation, Drexler recreated the design as a CGI model.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Precipice||Star Trek: Vanguard||What Judgments Come|