(written from a Production point of view)
Dick Wood was a comic book writer who was active from the 1940s through to the mid-1970s.
He started writing for Lev Gleason Publications where he was a regular writing on that company's Daredevil (not to be confused with "Daredevil" from Marvel Comics) and Boy Comics titles. In 1951, he moved to DC Comics and began writing for Action Comics before joining Gold Key Comics in the early 1960s.
While at Gold Key, he was a primary writer of Doctor Solar, Man of the Atom from 1965 through the end of its run in 1969. He also contributed stories to the first eight issues of Gold Key's Star Trek series:
- #1: "The Planet of No Return" (reprinted as #29)
- #2: "The Peril of Planet Quick Change" (reprinted as #35)
- #3: "When Planets Collide"
- #4: "The Ghost Planet" (reprinted as #37)
- #5: "The Voodoo Planet" (reprinted as #45)
- #6: "The Devil's Isle of Space"
- #7: "Invasion of the City Builders"
- #8: "The Youth Trap"