(written from a Production point of view)
Captain Calhoun takes his ship and crew back in time to prevent a genocide, only to alter the timeline in an unexpected, and not entirely welcome, way.
- From the back cover
- When a group of religious extremists called the Redeemers target the planet Haresh for "purification", Captain Calhoun of the Starship USS Excalibur is outraged. He orders the ship to Haresh to intervene… but on the way there, an emergency rescue on another planet slows the Excalibur down, so that it arrives too late. Haresh is already a dead planet.
- Calhoun doesn't take defeat lightly, though… so he tries a risky scheme to travel back in time, arriving at Haresh early enough to save the populace from the Redeemers. This maneuver isn't universally popular, though, either with his crew or the Federation timeship USS Relativity. That ship's Captain Braxton is prepared to use force against the Starship USS Excalibur, in the pursuit of his mission to keep the timeline intact.
- With the Federation on one side and the Redeemers on the other, Calhoun is a man in the crossfire. And there's no easy way out…
Background information Edit
- This story is set between Captain's Table: Once Burned and Double Helix #5: Double or Nothing. It explains how the New Frontier characters do not participate in the events of the Dominion War.
- The events of the story are later referenced in the New Frontier novel Restoration.
- The original title was "Time Management".
- Captain Braxton previously appeared in VOY: "Future's End", "Future's End, Part II" and "Relativity"; Lieutenant Ducane and the timeship USS Relativity made their first and only on-screen appearances in the latter episode.
- Writer: Peter David
- Editor: Jeff Mariotte
- Special thanks to Paula Block
- New Frontier concept by John J. Ordover and Peter David
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in New Frontier characters.
Regular and recurring characters Edit
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|First volume in series||WildStorm One-Shots||"Star Trek: Special"|