One dyne was a unit of measurement defined as the force that accelerated a mass of one gram at the rate of one centimeter per second squared. One dyne was equal to 2.2481 ×10−6 pounds of force, or 10−5 newtons.
Comparative list of force Edit
- 1 microdyne = 1 millionth of a dyne
- During an examination of a protouniverse, Jadzia Dax ordered the Deep Space 9 computer to set the energy flux resolution of a quantometer probe to point one microdyne. (DS9: "Playing God")
- 1 kilodyne = 1 thousand dynes
- The Doctor's bio-temporal chamber produced a field stress of 25 kilodynes during the initial test on Kes, before raising it to 30 kilodynes. (VOY: "Before and After")
- The integrity field stress caused by the USS Enterprise-D attempting to escape from the cosmic string fragment exceeded 82 million kilodynes. (TNG: "The Loss")
- 1 teradyne = 1 trillion dynes
- A Borg transwarp coil required a minimum of 30 teradynes to maintain a transwarp conduit, which was more than could be provided by the Delta Flyer's emergency power. (VOY: "Dark Frontier")
- During their encounter with a binary pulsar the USS Voyager's hull stress was noted at 45 teradynes and rising, eventually exceeding the vessel's designed maximum tolerance. (VOY: "Scientific Method")
- The warp core of the USS Voyager was "fueled by a matter/antimatter reaction, which produces a maximum output of 4,000 teradynes per second providing faster-than-light propulsion." (VOY: "Drone")
- The MIDAS array could direct a tachyon beam onto a pulsar which could produce gravimetric surges of 5 million teradynes. (VOY: "Pathfinder")
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.