(written from a Production point of view)
Captain Calhoun must face his own dark past!
End Game is a Star Trek: New Frontier novella – the fourth book in the series, and the final novella in the introductory story – written by Peter David. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in August 1997.
- From the book jacket
- Roll Call: The Crew of the USS Excalibur:
- Captain Mackenzie Calhoun: Wearing a veneer of civilization as others would a cloak, Calhoun will now find himself facing a scheme for revenge that may unleash the savage warrior he keeps locked within himself.
- Lieutenant Robin Lefler: An eternal optimist, Lefler occasionally asks the wrong question at the wrong time–and yet this time it may lead the Excalibur crew to unexpectedly shocking answers.
- Commander Elizabeth Shelby: Walking the fine line between duty and conscience, Shelby may find that she must decide between the life she loves and the man she once loved.
- As the Thallonian homeworld faces catastrophe, Captain Calhoun must confront his own bloody past in a life-or-death struggle for survival and honor. But when the planet's ultimate secret is revealed, only Captain Calhoun and the USS Excalibur can save the last remnants of the Empire from total destruction!.
Background information Edit
- The novella's title does not appear on its cover, where it is identified merely as Book Four. End Game appears only on the inside title page, and identifies the book in Pocket's backlist.
- The novella was later collected in the Star Trek: New Frontier Omnibus.
- Combined with the other three novellas in this serialized release, End Game reached number nine on the New York Times Best Seller List for 3 August 1997, the serial novel's third week on the list.  The serial remained on the list for four weeks.
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in New Frontier characters.
Main cast and recurring characters Edit
- Transport ship.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|The Two-Front War||Star Trek: New Frontier||Star Trek: New Frontier Omnibus|