(written from a Production point of view)
A tenth-anniversary odyssey.
- From the book jacket
- ENTANGLED STRANDS OF PAST AND PRESENT ENDANGER THE FUTURE
- A wake of destruction and loss threatens the USS Voyager as Chakotay assumes command. Grief over Janeway's impending death coupled with anxiety brought on by the disappearance of Paris, Kim, and The Doctor forces the crew to take increasingly dangerous actions in order to assure their own survival.
- But Voyager doesn't fight alone: behind the lines, powerful forces have allied to give the starship aid. Toward this end, a familiar nemesis – the cosmic meddler Q – sends Paris and Kim on a perilous journey. Elsewhere, The Doctor, trapped in a dimension alien to Human understanding, reunites with an old friend to help secure the fates of those he's left behind.
- Yet the conflict raging in the Monorhan system is merely a surface manifestation of more serious turmoil; the true struggle is rooted in the universe's very foundation. Standing at the eye of this maelstrom is Voyager, whose crew may hold the fate of all.
Memorable quotes Edit
The Doctor floated in black so thick no sensation could penetrate. He tried moving his limbs, opening his eyes, seeking to touch, and failed to discern if his holographic body still existed. None of his programmed senses functioned as he was accustomed, and yet he knew he was someplace because he existed. When he was deactivated aboard Voyager, his sentience simply stopped – a suspended pause – until he was reactivated and his lifeline continued. Here and now, he knew only himself, as if the sum total of his existence had been reduced to self-awareness, nothing further. Not even his vast database could provide a reference point. Or had he even retained a connection to his database? He couldn't say for certain. So many of his thoughts were blurry and unfocused. He imagined his current state had much in common with what patients experienced post-anesthesia: aware, but not awake; cognizant of one's body, yet disconnected from it. Whatever force had ripped him from Voyager had sent his holomatrix into a state of shock, though The Doctor didn't know how that was possible.
Background information Edit
- This novel is author Heather Jarman's last Star Trek work to date.
- Kathryn Janeway
- B'Elanna Torres
- Tom Paris
- Harry Kim
- Seven of Nine
- The Doctor
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Fusion||Pocket VOY||Distant Shores|
|String Theory||Final novel in series|