(written from a Production point of view)
The F-Toys Confect Co. Ltd. is a manufacturing company headquartered in Osaka, Japan that was established in 2001 by Toyohiko Furuta, following his retirement from Furuta.
Like Furuta, the company is widely known as a "gashapon" or "candy-toy" producer that has marketed many lines of figures and models over the years. Many of its products have been manufactured under license from major entertainment franchises, including Star Wars and Thunderbirds.
Star Trek releases
F-Toys manufactured pre-painted ABS miniatures of Star Trek starships as the "Star Trek Fleet Collection 1" and the "Star Trek Starfleet Collection", which were retailed in Japan by Platz as licensed "blind box" gashapon product lines in 2008, 2010, and 2016.
The ships were designed for F-Toys by FineMolds, a renowned Japanese modeling company, and were packaged with adjustable, individually-labeled stands. Typically, a small amount of assembly was required to display the ships on their stands.
Star Trek Fleet Collection 1
Released in November 2008
- 01 – USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D – 125 mm
- 02 – Enterprise NX-01 – 90 mm
- 03 – USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS) – 115 mm
- 04 – USS Defiant NX-74205 × 2 – painted and translucent "cloaked" versions; 68 mm
- 05 – USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (refit) – 130 mm
- Secret Item – ISS Enterprise NX-01 – mirror universe Enterprise NX-01 repaint; 90 mm
Limited Edition ISS Enterprise
The ISS Enterprise, a repainted version of the USS Enterprise seen in "Mirror, Mirror", was retailed in limited quantities by Platz at the Wonder Festival 2010 convention in Tokyo, Japan (and briefly through the company's online store).
- ISS Enterprise (TOS) – mirror universe USS Enterprise repaint; 115 mm
Star Trek Starfleet Collection
This set was a modified re-release ( or "reboot") of 2008's Star Trek Fleet Collection 1 where the USS Enterprise (refit) was replaced by the 2013 version of the alternate reality's USS Enterprise. A trading card was included with each release. No "secret" chase ship was issued with this set.
Appearing on the earlier version, this re-release of the Enterprise NX-01 omitted paint apps for the ship's panel lines and windows.
Released in October 2016
- 01 – USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Star Trek Into Darkness) – 118 mm
- 02 – USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS) – 115 mm
- 03 – Enterprise NX-01 – 90 mm
- 04 – USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D – 125 mm
- 05 – USS Defiant NX-74205 × 2 – painted and translucent "cloaked" versions; 68 mm