(written from a Production point of view)
On a remote planet, Spock and a young boy named David Marcus are caught in a desperate Klingon power struggle!
- From the book jacket
- En route to Alpha Malurian Six to settle a dispute between two religions, the USS Enterprise first stops to do a routine check on the progress of a terraforming colony on Beta Canzandia Three, a colony whose inhabitants include Carol and David Marcus.
- Spock is left behind at the terraforming colony to continue his scientific studies and the rest of the crew heads to Alpha Malurian Six to find the dispute has turned to war.
- As Kirk, McCoy, and Scotty search for a solution to end the conflict, a ship piloted by a Klingon faction arrives at the terraforming colony to take control of the facility. When colonists are imprisoned, and Spock and David must defeat the Klingons or face certain death.
The cover art of the novel depicts Kruge as a Klingon with forehead ridges and wearing the later pattern Klingon uniform first seen in the Star Trek films. This contradicts most of the information about Klingons from the 2260s, mainly that they wore an earlier type of uniform and appeared more Human, without forehead ridges, as a result of the Klingon augment virus (although the novel itself was written before the virus's depiction in ENT: "Affliction").
- James T. Kirk
- Montgomery Scott
- Leonard McCoy
- Hikaru Sulu
- Pavel Chekov
- Carol Marcus
- David Marcus
- Faces of Fire at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- Faces of Fire at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#57: The Rift||Pocket TOS
|#59: The Disinherited|