(written from a Production point of view)
Fascinating: The Life of Leonard Nimoy is a biography of Leonard Nimoy for young readers 4 to 8 years of age.
- A moving biography of the late Leonard Nimoy, the iconic Spock from Star Trek, whose story exemplifies the American experience and the power of pursuing your dreams.
- Once there was a boy named Leonard who loved to sing and to act. His parents were immigrants who felt like aliens in America, and certainly didn't understand Leonard's drive to perform. "Learn to play the accordion," his father told him. "Actors starve, but at least musicians can eke out a living."
- But Leonard reached for the stars... and caught them. He moved to Hollywood, where he took acting lessons, and drove a taxi and took every role he could get. He worked hard, learned his lines, showed up on time, and studied his craft. Until one day he was offered the role of an alien science officer on a new TV show called Star Trek. Leonard knew what it felt like to be an alien. But did he want the role?
- Fascinating is the story of how one boy followed his dreams to become one of the most beloved figures of our time.
- "In Leonard's profound absence – it is so lucky that his dear friend Richard Michelson has thought to bring us this richly illustrated account of his inspiring life. Together with Edel Rodriguez they beautifully capture some of the highlights of Leonard's journey from immigrants' son in Boston's west end – to one of the most iconic and recognizable characters in the world." - Zachary Quinto