(written from a Production point of view)
A single weapon may doom a planet! The astounding return of the New York Times bestselling series!
- From the book jacket
- On the planet Armista sits a nameless woman. High upon a mountain, she is cradling a weapon unlike anything the Armistans have ever seen. She rocks back and forth on her haunches, singing softly to herself. The weapon is her only companion on the planet, since everyone else is little piles of ash. A weapon that could destroy life on one planet could do so again.
- Lieutenant Robin Lefler's mother died in a shuttle explosion ten years ago. So is the woman being held prisoner in Thallonian space really her? If it is, what is her connection to the mysterious woman holding a weapon that could doom entire worlds?
- With the lives of billions at stake, Robin Lefler, Captain Calhoun and the crew of the USS Excalibur must find the answers before time runs out for them and for the struggling remnants of the once-great Thallonian Empire.
Background information Edit
- The eBook version of the novel cover, released in 2002, omits the novel's title, and depicts the character of Burgoyne 172 differently.
- This novel was collected, along with Martyr, in the Science Fiction Book Club special edition hardback, Prometheans, in July 1998.
Cover gallery Edit
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in New Frontier characters.
- Captain Mackenzie Calhoun
- Lieutenant Robin Lefler
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Martyr||Star Trek: New Frontier||The Captain's Table: Once Burned|