(written from a Production point of view)
A dangerous alien artifact may destroy all of reality!
Forever Dark is a Pocket TNG novel – #63 in the numbered series, and the second novel in the Maximum Warp duology – written by Dave Galanter and Greg Brodeur. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in March 2001.
- From the book jacket
- A mysterious cosmic force is destroying the very fabric of subspace, rendering warp travel and interstellar communication impossible throughout scattered regions of the galaxy. Even worse, these "dead zones" are spreading rapidly, bringing the entire Alpha Quadrant to the brink of a new dark age. Only Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the Starship USS Enterprise-E stand a chance of reversing the decay by tracking the disruption to its ultimate origin.
- Beyond the boundaries of the Federation, deep in uncharted space, Picard and his treacherous Romulan allies have discovered the source for the crisis, a vast alien mechanism suspended between a black hole and a nearby inhabited planet. The ancient device is all that prevents the imperiled planet from disappearing into the voracious black hole, but its cataclysmic effects are eroding subspace at speeds faster than light. Now Picard faces a wrenching dilemma: must he sacrifice an entire world to save the galaxy?
- This is the final Pocket TNG numbered novel.
- The novel's title does not appear on its cover, where it is identified as Maximum Warp, Book Two of Two. Forever Dark appears only on the inside title page, and identifies the book in Pocket's backlist.
- USS Constitution (NCC-41869)
- In an alternate reality, Federated Worlds starship commanded by Capt. Robert Picard. Lore replaces Data. Worf's father is Ja'rod.
- USS Enterprise-D
- In an alternate, alternate reality, Federation starship commanded by Capt. John L. Picard. Natasha Yar replaces Data. Picard has more hair.
- USS Exeter (NCC-26531)
- Capt. James Verne commanding.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#62: Dead Zone|| Pocket TNG|
|Final numbered novel in series|
|Maximum Warp||Final novel in series|