- I'm not remembering a phasing device, can you link to a picture of it at Trekcore, or tell me when it was used in the episode? Also, you don't need to use underscores in links, it just makes them harder to find in large pages. - Archduk3 19:44, April 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Since it seems the device was never named, nor was a person cloaked when using it, I'm not sure where it should go. I'll ask around. - Archduk3 17:15, April 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Seems to me like this is a hand-held molecular phase inverter. According to "The Next Phase", molecular phase inverters "change the structure of matter so it can pass through normal matter and energy" which is what this device does. I suggest we put this on that page. --Pseudohuman (talk) 03:40, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Just found this again, and I think Pseudohuman's suggestion might be the best option outside of some "Unnamed Technology" page. - Archduk3 21:05, September 5, 2013 (UTC)
- While it is possible this is some type of other tech with another name, it doesn't seem like "molecular phase inverter" is that specific of a name for any device, just a description of a device that "inverts the phase of molecules" so they can pass through normal matter and energy. It at least is a canon term for what this device does also. --Pseudohuman (talk) 18:48, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
- So long as we make sure not to say that this definitely is that, I think we would be fine. I was thinking something along the lines of "A device from the 29th century had a similar effect to a molecular phase inverter..." in a new section on the page. If we ever end up with a name for this we can always move the info then. - Archduk3 19:01, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise noted.