(written from a Production point of view)
Under the command of Captain James T. Kirk, the starship 'Enterprise' drifted through the deep space of the virtually unexplored Omega Galaxy...
Kirk and Spock are plucked out of time by a collector in the far future.
"We'll take a look for ourselves. That's what our mission's all about."
- - Kirk, exploring the Omega Galaxy
"Is that you, Skipper?"
"Get off the air, you madman! You're giving us away!"
- - Scotty calling Kirk at an inopportune time
- Kirk wears a red uniform. Scotty and Sulu wear blue ones.
- Kirk swears by Jupiter.
- Despite recording a personal testimony of Spock's life story, Palnak still calls Spock "Earthman".
Setting and technology
- There are few clues as to the timing of this story. Uhura wears a red uniform, so it must take place after "Mudd's Women" (2266), but before Arex comes aboard (2269).
- The Omega Galaxy is likely just a region of the Milky Way Galaxy labeled or classified as "Omega".
- Kirk orders a 'questing missile' to probe the planet.
- Uhura automatically hails the planet on all frequencies; this seems to conflict with the Prime Directive.
- The Enterprise is said to make a "routine orbital descent".
- Kirk and Spock beam down to a random location without first scanning for cities.
- The planet's animal life includes birds and an armadillo-like creature.
- Kirk activates a translator built into his communicator.
- Palnak built his museum around the 2760s (500 years old), and he lives approximately in the 3260s (1000 years from Kirk's 'present').
- Rather than an earpiece, Uhura wear headphones with a built-in microphone.
- The December 2014
- Palnak's time travel method uses a 'sonic vibrator'. It is described as a 'disintegration and transportation process', which could be some form of temporal transporter.
- Scotty takes two shuttlecraft (including the Galileo) to the planet with at least sixteen security men, all wearing blue.
- The motif of a collector from the distant future retrieving specimens from the past was revisited in the 2014 eBook novella "Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations: The Collectors".
None of the UK weekly stories had titles. Each installment was two pages in length.
- Part 1: TV21 & Joe 90 #39, 20 June 1970
- Part 2: TV21 & Joe 90 #40, 27 June 1970
- Part 3: TV21 & Joe 90 #41, 4 July 1970
- Part 4: TV21 & Joe 90 #42, 11 July 1970
- Part 5: TV21 & Joe 90 #43, 18 July 1970
- Part 6: TV21 & Joe 90 #44, 25 July 1970
- Palnak the Ageless One, aka "The Collector"
|Previous strip:||Series||Next strip:|
|UK Story Arc #13||Star Trek Comic Strip (UK)
|UK Story Arc #15|