(written from a Production point of view)
The novel brings the events of the post-finale Voyager novels up to and beyond Star Trek: Destiny, resolving plotlines from the end of the previous novel Enemy of My Enemy and dealing with the aftermath of the Pocket TNG novel Before Dishonor.
- From the book jacket
- When the USS Voyager is dispatched on an urgent mission to the planet Kerovi, Captain Chakotay and his first officer, Commander Tom Paris, must choose between following their orders and saving the lives of two of those dearest to them. B'Elanna Torres and her daughter, Miral, are both missing in the wake of a brutal attack on the Klingon world of Boreth. With the aid of their former captain, Admiral Kathryn Janeway – as well as many old friends and new allies – Voyager's crew must unravel an ancient mystery, placing themselves between two warrior sects battling for the soul of the Klingon people… while the life of Miral hangs in the balance.
- But these events and their repercussions are merely the prelude to even darker days to come. As Voyager is drawn into a desperate struggle to prevent the annihilation of the Federation, lives are shattered, and the bonds that were forged in the Delta Quadrant are challenged in ways that none could have imagined. For though destiny has dealt them crushing blows, Voyager's crew must rise to face their future… and begin a perilous journey in which the wheel of fate comes full circle.
- This novel was the first Voyager novel set after the series since 2004, and the first such novel not to be written by Christie Golden.
- The release was announced at the New York Comic-Con in April 2008; the cover art was revealed at the Shore Leave convention on 11 July 2008.
- An extract from the novel appeared in Star Trek Magazine issue 143.
- Cover art by Adam Lebowitz.
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Distant Shores||Pocket VOY||Unworthy|
|Spirit Walk #2: Enemy of My Enemy||Chronological order||As release order|