- Berlin - former capital of Germany. In 2155, a Vulcan consulate is set there. (DS9: "Change of Heart" ; ENT: "Storm Front", "Storm Front, Part II", "Terra Prime"). Several colonies or ships were named after the city : the New Berlin colony, the city New Berlin on Luna, the USS Berlin (NCC-14232)
- Hamlin - (DS9: "Playing God")
- Emden - (USS Emden (NCC-1856))
- The starship was either named for the city in northern Germany or the early 20th century German cruiser.
One of the most famous Germans of the 20th century was the physicist Albert Einstein who formulated the Theory of Relativity. (TNG: "Descent") The philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche who was born in the 19th century is also a well known German, as is the 19th century composer Johannes Brahms and the 15th century inventor of printing technology on Earth, Johann Gutenberg. (ENT: "Borderland"; TOS: "Requiem for Methuselah")
- Data got the right order of the colours wrong and said "red, black and gold".