(written from a Production point of view)
Grand Designs is a Pocket SCE collection – the ninth collection of the series – containing books #37-42 of the original eBook series, written by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore, Allyn Gibson, Kevin Killiany, Dave Galanter, David Mack, and Paul Kupperberg. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in trade paperback in July 2007.
- From the back cover
- These are the voyages of the USS da Vinci. Their mission: to solve the problems of the galaxy, one disaster at a time. Starfleet veteran Captain David Gold, along with his crack Starfleet Corps of Engineers team lead by former Starship Enterprise engineer Commander Sonya Gomez, travel throughout the Federation and beyond to fix the unfixable, repair the irreparable, and solve the unsolvable.
- Whether it's an artificial planetary ring that was damaged during the Dominion War, an out-of-control generation ship, a weapons inspection gone horribly wrong, shutting down a crashed probe, solving a centuries-old medical mystery, or clearing a sargasso sea of derelict ships, the S.C.E. is on the case!
- But the problems they face aren't just technical; Tev must confront the demons of his past, Lense must confront the demons of her present, Gold faces a crisis of leadership on his own ship, and Gomez must lead an away team into the middle of a brutal ground war. Plus the da Vinci crew must find a way to work with their Klingon counterparts in a deadly rescue mission.
- See individual stories for details.
- Ring Around the Sky by Allyn Gibson
- Orphans by Kevin Killiany
- Grand Designs by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore
- Failsafe by David Mack
- Bitter Medicine by Dave Galanter
- Sargasso Sector by Paul Kupperberg
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#8: Aftermath|| Pocket SCE|
|#10: Creative Couplings|