(written from a Production point of view)
Infected with a dangerous alien lifeform, the USS Enterprise is scheduled for destruction…
- From the book jacket
- While answering a distress call from a scientific station in a remote part of the galaxy, the USS Enterprise becomes infected with a mysterious alien life form which feeds on and transforms inorganic materials.
- The Starship begins to gradually disintegrate, and Starfleet is forced to order its evacuation and destruction to prevent the dangerous infection from spreading throughout the galaxy. It's the end of an era for Captain Picard and his crew, who are scheduled for transfers that will split them up among different Starfleet vessels.
- But even as the end draws near for the Starship Enterprise, Captain Picard begins to formulate a desperate plan to save his ship and preserve his crew – a plan that will force him to defy Starfleet orders and lead him to a confrontation with a malevolent alien force – which has the power to destroy the entire Federation.
Memorable quotes Edit
"Just move your butt a little; that's all it takes."
- - Guinan, on dancing
Background information Edit
- This is the only Star Trek novel written by David Bischoff. It was adapted from a rejected Star Trek: The Next Generation episode proposal. (Voyages of Imagination, pp. 178-179)
- Jean-Luc Picard
- William T. Riker
- Beverly Crusher
- Deanna Troi
- Geordi La Forge
- Reginald Barclay
- Miles O'Brien
- Grounded at Memory Beta, the wiki for licensed Star Trek works
- Grounded at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#24: Nightshade|| Pocket TNG|
|#26: The Romulan Prize|