The Irish language (Gaeilge) was a language created by Human Celtics that originated in the Earth region of Ireland. Irish was one of three modern Gaelic languages, a subgroup of Celtic, including Scottish Gaelic and Manx.
- Cuan Soineanta: fair (weather) harbor / refuge. (Irish name for town of Fair Haven.)
- Oifig an Phoist: post office
- Fáilte: Welcome (On sign outside pub.)
- Fáilte a Thaistealaí Thuirseach: Welcome Weary Traveler.
- Siopa Búistéara: butcher's shop
Céad míle fáilte (pronounced "Cayd mila fallcha") was an old Irish saying that means "a hundred thousand welcomes."
Michael Sullivan, the local bartender in the Fair Haven holodeck program, greeted Captain Kathryn Janeway (known to him as Katie O'Clare) with it when she visited the Fair Haven pub after initiating an open door policy for the program. (VOY: "Fair Haven")
|Arabic • Dutch • English • Finnish • French • German • Greek • Hawaiian • Hebrew • Hindi • Irish • Italian • Japanese • Latin • Mandarin Chinese • Norwegian • Polish • Russian • Scots • Sign language (American Sign Language) • Spanish • Swahili • Welsh • Whale song • Wolof|