Italy was a country situated on a peninsula in the Mediterranean region of southern Europe on Earth, home of the Italian people. Italy's national flag was three vertical bands of green, white, and red. (TNG: "The Last Outpost", ENT: "First Flight")
- Florence (VOY: "Concerning Flight")
- Genoa (VOY: "Concerning Flight")
- Mantua (VOY: "Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy")
- Milan (TNG: "Time's Arrow, Part II")
- Pisa (DIS: "Brother")
- Rome (ENT: "Babel One"; TOS: "Bread and Circuses"; TNG: "Justice"; DS9: "Let He Who Is Without Sin...", "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges")
- Siena (VOY: "Scientific Method")
- Venice (DS9: "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"; VOY: "Prime Factors")
Oceans and seas : Mediterranean Sea, ...
Lakes : Lake Como, ...
- Alps, a great mountain system (DS9: "Past Tense, Part I")
- Sicily, the larger island in the Mediterranean Sea (VOY: "Concerning Flight")
- Tuscany, an Italian region (VOY: "Scientific Method")
- Vulcan, a volcanic island in the Tyrrhenian Sea (VOY: "Concerning Flight")
In 2143, while orbiting Earth in the NX-Alpha, waiting for a glitch in the propulsion system to be cleared up at Starfleet Mission Control, A.G. Robinson noted that he saw Italy pass, several times. (ENT: "First Flight")