This unit of measure was used or understood by several species and organizations including the Klingons (who also use the comparable kellicam), the Humans, the Bajorans, the Cardassians, the Tanugans, Ja'Dar's species, the J'naii, the Yridians, the Takarans, the Iyaarans, the Nezu, the Entharans, the Devore, Yost's species, the Varro, the Eska, the Vulcans, the Tellarites, the Oran'taku, the Andorians, the Xindi, and within the Federation.
Comparative units of length Edit
- In June of 2151, Lieutenant Malcolm Reed detected a ship less than 1 kilometer away from Shuttlepod 1 on the surface of the planet housing the Vulcan monastery at P'Jem. (ENT: "The Andorian Incident")
- The Novans dug 12.6 kilometers of tunnels beneath the surface of Terra Nova. (ENT: "Terra Nova")
- The ECS Fortunate closed up on a Nausicaan ship from a 100 kilometers to 9 kilometers until they had locked their plasma cannon on this ship. When Enterprise NX-01 arrived at the scene and dropped out of warp they were 200.000 kilometers away. (ENT: "Fortunate Son")
- The impact crater of the asteroid who hit Terra Nova was 500 kilometers north of the Terra Nova colony. (ENT: "Terra Nova")
- At the distance of 200.000 kilometers, Enterprise had a first view on the planet Terra Nova, displayed on the viewscreen. (ENT: "Terra Nova")