On the USS Voyager in 2376, The Doctor wanted to get Seven of Nine to learn a Klingon drinking song. Her response was "I fail to see the merit of learning a Klingon drinking song," to which The Doctor replied "It's not about drinking, Seven, it's about saluting the noble deeds of our ancestors. And honoring those who fell in battle. Think qapla'! Think long live the Empire!" (VOY: "Barge of the Dead")
Neelix quickly took to admiring Klingon culture after having an opportunity to view it firsthand in 2377, after Voyager had transported aboard some two hundred Klingons. After spending a day in the mess hall feeding them, he picked up on several Klingon drinking songs which he later offered to teach his new bunkmate, Tuvok. (VOY: "Prophecy")
- 'ej HumtaH 'ej DechtaH 'Iw
- 'ej Doq SoDtaH ghoSpa' Sqral bIQtIq
- 'e' pa' jaj law' moch jaj puS
- jaj qeylIS molor mIgh HoHchu'qu'
English language (literal translation)
- And the blood was continuously sticky on all sides.
- And the River Sqral continuously flooded red before going onward.
- That there day is most superior,
- The day Kahless truly and clearly killed evil Molor.