(written from a Production point of view)
Letters to Star Trek is a reference book first published in 1976. Edited by Susan Sackett, at the time the personal executive assistant to Gene Roddenberry, the book collected assorted fan letters to Roddenberry, with responses from the producer. Among the topics discussed was the status of the then-proposed Star Trek movie, several years before the release of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- The Inside Scoop
- In this exclusive book Gene Roddenberry – often referred to as the Great bird of the galaxy – answers his fan mail and shares with you the best of the thousands and thousands of letters he and all the gang have received since Star Trek went on the air.
- Have you wondered...
- What's the latest on the Star Trek movie?
- Where you can get a genuine pair of Spock ears?
- How to write to all the stars?
- Whatever happened to Grace Lee Whitney?
- What does NASA think about Star Trek?
- Are they really teaching Star Trek in college?
- What does Gene Roddenberry think about the future?
- Who, What, Where, When, Why – and How Come?
- Everything you have ever wanted to know about Star Trek is revealed in this information-packed book!
- Introduction by Gene Roddenberry
- STAR TREKmania
- The Universal Appeal
- The Collector
- The Stars and Their Characters
- A Fan is Born
- STAR TREK and Education
- The Big Screen
- Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How Come?
- Dreams for a Future