(written from a Production point of view)
Losing the Peace is a Pocket TNG novel – the first novel in the series following the events of Star Trek: Destiny – written by William Leisner. Published by Pocket Books, it was first released in June 2009.
- From the book jacket
- Fortune has smiled upon Lieutenant Jasminder Choudhury, chief of security on the USS Enterprise. She has survived. But her homeworld, Deneva, one of the planets targeted in the massive Borg invasion, has not. The entire surface has been wiped clean of everything, killing anyone who did not evacuate and rendering the planet uninhabitable. Choudhury is left to wonder whether her family was one of the displaced. Or are they all gone forever?
- The Enterprise is just one ship, and Jasminder Choudhury is just one officer, yet her story is being repeated over and over across the galaxy. Hundreds of thousands of displaced persons haunt the space ways, seeking comfort, looking for someplace safe, somewhere, anyway to find solace. Captain Jean-Luc Picard is ordered to do everything he can to rescue and if need be to recover the lost souls from the Borg invasion.
- For the first time in generations, citizens of the Federation know want, uncertainty, and fear. Bloodied yet unbowed, the Federation now stands on the edge of a precipice. The captain of the Enterprise finds himself in the unenviable position of wondering whether it is true that those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace.
Background information Edit
- This is author William Leisner's first full-length Star Trek novel.
- The title was announced at the Shore Leave convention on 11 July 2008.
- An extract from the novel appeared in Star Trek Magazine issue 146.
- The "Historian's Note" for this book incorrectly gives the year as 2361, instead of 2381
- Cover art by John Blackford, design by Alan Dingman.
Cover gallery Edit
- Leonard James Akaar
- Marta Batanides
- Beverly Crusher
- Geordi La Forge
- Alynna Nechayev
- Jean-Luc Picard
- Seven of Nine
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
| Greater than the Sum|
| Pocket TNG|
|Typhon Pact: Paths of Disharmony|
|Destiny: Lost Souls||Chronological order||As release order|